Geothermal Centre of Excellence Team
Dr. Robert Ogutu is in charge of the Geothermal Centre of Excellence Department. He reports to the General Manager, Strategy Research and Innovation. The Department has three (3) sections, Capacity Building and Resource Centre, External Consultancies, Linkages and Partnerships and the Research and Innovation section. The Capacity Building and Resource Centre and the External Consultancies, Linkages and Partnerships sections are headed by Chief Officers. The Research and Innovation section is headed by a Senior Scientist.
Pauline Sheghu is the Chief Officer in charge of External Consultancies, Linkages and Partnerships.
Management of External Consultancies
- Develop/Review a framework to manage External Consultancies
- Management of contractual and administrative aspects of External Consultancies
Management of Linkages and Partnerships
- Sourcing for External Consultancies and trainees
- Establish Linkages and Partnerships tools
- Maintenance of linkages /partners and collaborations database
Promotion of GCE programs
- Develop, Review a promotional plan/strategy
- Implement a promotional plan/strategy
Grace Kiplagat is the Chief Officer in charge of Capacity Building and Resource Centre.
Oversee the establishment of GDC training facility.
- Registration of training facility and infrastructure establishment
Oversee the running of GDC training facility
- Schedule training programs & calendar
- Accreditation of programs & trainers
- Certification of programs
- Review of fee structure
- Establish & maintain expert/resource persons/profiles database
Management of the Resource Centre
Dr. Thecla Mutia is a Senior Scientist in charge of Research and Innovation
Facilitate Research and Innovation
- Develop research and development strategies, tools, management processes and methodologies.
- Developing networks and collaborations with partners with the aim of leveraging strategic partnerships
- Sourcing for research funding through proposal writing
Management of conferences
- Liaise with external organizations and institutions and coordinate GDCs representation in national and international fora
- Co-ordinate presentation of results of any completed research work at international conferences and publication in peer review journals
Preparation of conferences annual calendar
- Oversee the establishment of both GDC training facility and AGCE
- Curriculum development/review