MANAGER-CORPORATE COMMUNICATION & MARKETING (CCM) GRADE GD2 – (1 POST)
The Manager-Corporate Communication and Marketing will be responsible to the
Company Secretary. He/she will be required to lead, direct and oversee the
Corporate Communication and Marketing function, be responsible for promotion
of the company’s corporate identity and enhancement of its brand image
through communication and exposition of information by publicizing the
company objectives, policies and activities and fostering good customer
relations, research, surveys and promotions.
- Overseeing communication within the company and representing GDC to the public.
- Respond to all queries in respect to GDC from general Public, media, special interest groups and other components of the of the firms stakeholder ecosystems
- Developing and implementing an integrated, company-wide communication strategy in support of GDC’s business objectives while taking into account internal and external changes in the market
- Advising management on the reputational implications of corporate decisions for buy-in and support.
- Develop operational plans and budget for effective implementation of PR programs.
- Equipping management and other designated spokespersons to handle the media and other public appearances for coordinated and coherent messaging.
- Monitoring public perception about GDC and advising the Management accordingly.
- Providing liaison between the company and corporate stakeholders, including the media.
- Managing the production of the Company’s publications including annual reports and branded materials.
- Overseeing the development of all documents and bulletins intended for public consumption to ensure its alignment with the GDC’s strategy and strategic communications plan
- Overseeing digital communication, including GDC’s website, social media presence, e-bulletins and other corporate publications
- Preparing talking points, speeches, press releases, presentations and other communication material
- Coordinating the organization of corporate events
- Enhancing organizational culture through efficient internal communication
- Monitoring implementation of communication and programs
- Gather market Intelligence and formulate appropriate marketing goals, strategies pricing ,promotional activities and branding
- Monitor the impact of the applied marketing strategies and make necessary amendments.
- Prepare marketing plans and monitor implementation
- Identify and monitor market performance drivers to inform business growth and expansion strategies
- Master’s degree in Public Relations or Corporate Communication or its equivalent from a recognized university
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, Marketing or any other relevant degree from a recognized university
Candidate must be a certified and registered member of good standing of the Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK) or a similar relevant PR/Corporate Communication & marketing membership organization
Job related experience
Eligible candidates must have at least ten (10) years’ work experience in Corporate Communication and Marketing of which five (5) years must be in senior management.