Ref/GDC/HPS/CCM/09/17/: MANAGER-CORPORATE COMMUNICATION & MARKETING (CCM) GRADE GD2 – (1 POST) (RE-ADVERTISED)
Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is a 100% state owned company with a mandate to among others, fast track the development of Geothermal Resources.
The Company’s vision is to be a world leader in the development of geothermal resources and a mission to develop green energy for Kenya from geothermal resources.
The Manager-Corporate Communication and Marketing will be responsible to the Company Secretary.
He/she will be required to lead, direct and oversee the Corporate Communication and Marketing function, be responsible for promotion of the company’s corporate identity
and enhancement of its brand image through communication and exposition of information by publicizing the company objectives, policies and activities and fostering good
customer relations, research, surveys and promotions.
- Overseeing communication within the company and representing GDC to the public.
- Respond to all queries in respect to GDC from general Public, media, special interest groups and other components of the of the firms stakeholder ecosystems
- Developing and implementing an integrated, company-wide communication strategy in support of GDC’s business objectives while taking into account internal and external changes in the market
- Advising management on the reputational implications of corporate decisions for buy-in and support.
- Develop operational plans and budget for effective implementation of PR programs.
- Equipping management and other designated spokespersons to handle the media and other public appearances for coordinated and coherent messaging.
- Monitoring public perception about GDC and advising the Management accordingly.
- Providing liaison between the company and corporate stakeholders, including the media.
- Managing the production of the Company’s publications including annual reports and branded materials.
- Overseeing the development of all documents and bulletins intended for public consumption to ensure its alignment with the GDC’s strategy and strategic communications plan
- Overseeing digital communication, including GDC’s website, social media presence, e-bulletins and other corporate publications
- Preparing talking points, speeches, press releases, presentations and other communication material
- Coordinating the organization of corporate events
- Enhancing organizational culture through efficient internal communication
- Monitoring implementation of communication and programs
- Gather market Intelligence and formulate appropriate marketing goals, strategies pricing ,promotional activities and branding
- Monitor the impact of the applied marketing strategies and make necessary amendments.
- Prepare marketing plans and monitor implementation
- Identify and monitor market performance drivers to inform business growth and expansion strategies
Candidates must have the following
- Master’s degree in Public Relations or Corporate Communication or its equivalent from a recognized university
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, Marketing or any other relevant degree from a recognized university
Candidate must be a certified and registered member of good standing of the Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK) or a similar relevant PR/Corporate Communication & marketing membership organization
Job related experience
Eligible candidates must have at least eight (8) years’ work experience in Corporate Communication and/or Marketing of which five (5) years must be in management position.
Knowledge skills and Competencies
The candidate must possess the following skills and competencies
- Good network and experience with the Media and PR firms
- Adequate financial Management and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and flexibly, as well as part of a team;
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, manage time, determine priorities and meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in computer applications and in particular Microsoft office suites and desk top publishing
- Have a good track record in achieving results
- Strong analytical skills, customer orientation, excellent writing and oral skills organizational skills, integrity and basic knowledge of photography and videography
- Knowledge of marketing and business development principles
- Knowledge of the energy Industry
- Strong leadership skills including effective interpersonal communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
Terms of service and remuneration
The appointments will be for a contractual period of four (4) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the State Corporation’s guidelines as well as benefits which, among others, include an attractive Mortgage scheme, Car loan facilitation and Medicare scheme.
All candidates who had applied earlier are encouraged to apply again.
NB:Candidates interested in the above position are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following (Mandatory):-
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board(HELB);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Clearance from Credit reference bureau.
- Academic and professional certificates.
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address
below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National
Applications may be deposited at our head Office, KAWI HOUSE, 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, in the Application Box, posted or emailed to:
The Managing Director & CEO,
Geothermal Development Company Limited,
P.O. Box 100746 – 00101,
Those who had applied earlier are encouraged to reapply All applications should be received not later than Thirty (30) days from the date of this advert.
“GDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.”
“Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted”.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.