As a respectable company, GDC subscribes to ethical and lawful business practices that have earned us a reputation as a company of the 21st century. Our tendering and hiring processes are done above board and we don’t allow partisan and individual interests to interfere with our values or the law.
Therefore, GDC provides equal opportunities to suppliers, job seekers and contractors. In the highly unlikely event that procurement or hiring process is found to be flawed, the whole process is rendered a nullity and a call for a fresh process is instituted. This way, GDC keeps its integrity and reputation high.
GDC regularly reviews its policies and procedures to ensure transparency, regulatory compliance and effective governance of the company.
Mandate of the Board
The Board of Directors explicitly acknowledges responsibility for the stewardship of GDC, including:
- Approving the overall direction of GDC in a manner that is in the best interests of the company and its stakeholders
- Appointing the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Supervising the CEO and senior management
- Reviewing GDC’s mission, its objectives and goals, and the strategy by which it proposes to reach those goals with senior management
- Indentifying the principal risks of GDC’s business and ensuring the implementation of appropriate systems to manage these risks
- Regularly monitoring the operational and financial performance of GDC
- Developing GDC’s approach to corporate governance
- Regularly monitoring the effectiveness of the Board and its committees
- Ensuring effective and regular communication by GDC with its stakeholders
- Ensuring that the legal requirements of the Board and GDC under legislation and common law are met